From the Nikon USA website -
Nikon Inc. is asking your cooperation in connection with a voluntary recall of certain lot numbers of its Nikon Model EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack.
The battery pack can experience a short circuit causing it to overheat and possibly causing the outside casing to become deformed, posing a potential hazard to consumers.
There have only been seven (7) confirmed reports of incidents of the problem worldwide, and while no injuries have taken place, Nikon Inc. has initiated this recall of the affected lot numbers as a reflection of its commitment to safety and product quality.
We are asking that owners of the affected battery pack contact Nikon Inc. to initiate a free product exchange.
The Nikon EN-EL15 battery pack is provided as a supplied accessory with the purchase of Nikon’s digital SLR D800, D800E, D7000, D600 cameras and the Nikon 1 V1 mirror-less camera with interchangeable lens.
It is also sold separately at retail under Nikon’s model number 27011. The EN-EL15 battery pack involved in this recall was first distributed by Nikon in March 2012 and is still being sold at retail.
This voluntary recall is limited to EN-EL15 battery packs in lots E and F.
First, please confirm that “EN-EL15” is printed on the label of your battery pack.
Then, please locate the 14-digit lot number beside the recycle symbol.
• If the 9th character of the lot number is E or F, your battery is among those being recalled.
• If the 9th character of the lot number is any other letter, your battery is not affected by this recall.
If your EN-EL15 battery pack is affected:
• Immediately remove the battery from your camera or camera bag, but please do not dispose of it.
• Complete the Nikon's online EN-EL15 battery exchange form.
• Once your request is processed Nikon will send a confirmation email.
• On the day of your battery exchange, UPS will contact you by phone and email notifying you of the delivery.
• A UPS courier will then deliver your new battery pack(s) AND collect the recalled battery pack(s).
• Someone needs to be present for this exchange. If you need to make special arrangements, please contact UPS.
Want to help?I'm a freelancer!
If this article is useful to you, you might want to consider a small contribution. Thank you!
No feedback yet
Form is loading...