|UPDATE: 19-11-2010. A new version (6.3) is now available, adding support for the D7000, D3100 and Coolpix P7000, amongst others.
For more information, click here.
The Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) and DNG converter 6.2 RC are now available for download (Free) from the Adobe Labs website.
This update adds support for the following cameras:
- Casio EXILIM EX-FH100 (P&S, DNG native)
- Leica S2 (Mid-Format, DNG native)
- Panasonic DMC-FZ100, DMC-FZ40/FZ45, DMC-LX5 (P&S)
- Pentax 645D (Mid-Format)
- Samsung NX10 (DSLR), TL500/EX1 (P&S)
- Sony A290, A390 (DSLR)
- Sony Alpha NEX-3, Alpha NEX-5 (EVIL/SLD)
The ACR and DNG converter v.6.2 RC include lens profiles for the following Nikkor and third party lenses:
- Nikkor AF-S DX 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
- Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
- Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
- Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
- Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 ZF.2
- Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 ZF.2
- Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZF.2
- Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/18 ZF.2
- Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 ZF.2
- Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZF.2
- Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 ZF.2
- Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/85 ZF.2
This is a little disappointing, considering that - for example - supported Canon lenses outnumber the Nikkors by a factor of 3 (4 Nikkors vs. 11 Canons)
The previous versions of ACR - v. 5.7 for CS4, v.6.1 for CS5, Elements 8 and an update for Lightroom 2.7 added support for the following cameras:
- Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/ EOS Kiss X4 Digital)
- Kodak Z981
- Leaf Aptus-II 8, II 10R
- Mamiya DM40
- Olympus E-PL1, E-600
- Panasonic G2, G10
- Sony A450
Since Nikon have not introduced any new cameras yet, all current Nikon DSLR and RAW capable P&S cameras are supported in Adobe Photoshop CS4, Creative Suite 4 (ACR 5.7) Lightroom 2.7 and Elements 8 (ACR 6.1):
- D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3X
- D100, D200, D300, D300s, D700
- D3000, D40, D40X, D50, D5000, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90
- Coolpix 5000, Coolpix 5400, Coolpix 5700, Coolpix 8400, Coolpix 8700, Coolpix 8800, Coolpix P6000
Want to know from which version ACR is compatible with your Nikon camera? Take a look at the Nikon DSLR/ACR compatibility chart.
For those who own previous versions of Photoshop/ACR and an unsupported camera, my suggestion would be to go with the latest version of the DNG Converter. DNG files can be opened and processed by all versions of ACR since v.2.4 (CS1).
22-03-2011: Nikon, Adobe and Apple release software updates for View NX, ACR & DNG converter and Digital Camera RAW
Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) and DNG converter 6.3 RC. Support for the Nikon CP7000, D3100 and D7000, amongst others.
Adobe releases ACR v.5.7, probably the last update for CS4.
Which is the best RAW converter?
New camera? 3 Alternatives to upgrading RAW software.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...